2013 Canadian University and College Championship
March 1-3, 2013
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
The 2013 Black Knight University and College Championship is the premier squash event for students studying in Canada. Performances in this event count towards National Rankings and for selection to Squash Canada's FIS World University Games team.
All athletes must be full time or graduate students attending an accredited Canadian college or university. Please click on "Policies and Regulations" on the left for more information on eligibility.
Tournament Chair and Venue Contact
Squash Canada Contact
Men: Open, Men A, Men B, Men C, Men D
Women: Open, Women A, Women B, Women, C, Women D
How to Enter
Registration is now closed. Good luck to all participants!
$69.00 including HST
Friday, February 22nd, 12:00pm Eastern Time
Tournament Package will include:
Every effort will be made to give each player a minimum of 3 matches.
Friday, March 1st, 3:00pm start time
Saturday, March 2nd - Main draw semi-finals
Sunday, March 3rd, 2:00pm - Open men and women finals
*NOTE - no towels are provided for players. All participants must supply their own.
How to Enter
Registration is now closed
Policies and Regulations
Eyeguards are mandatory for all participants. Please consult Squash Canada's Eyeguard Policy for the list of approved models.
75% refund if withdrawal is prior to entry deadline (February 22nd)
50% refund if withdrawal is after entry deadline but before the draw is determined
No refund if withdrawal is after draw is determined
An Athlete must be a member in good standing of a provincial/territorial squash association.
A. Course Load Requirements
A student-athlete must be enrolled in a Canadian Colleges Athletic Association (CCAA) or Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) affiliated school.
B. Academic Success Requirements
A Student-athlete must successfully complete a minimum number of courses and meet academic success requirements for eligibility:
· A CIS student-athlete must successfully complete a minimum of three (3) full courses or six (6) half course (eighteen (18) credit hours of recognized course credit at the institution they are representing) or full-time equivalent as defined by the institution’s registrar during the academic year in which they are competing in order to be eligible in a subsequent academic year. An academic year is defined as the 365-day period following the first day of fall classes as established by the institution’s academic calendar
· A CCAA student-athlete must successfully complete a minimum nine (9) credit hours in the semester in which they are competing in order to be eligible in a subsequent academic semester.
· In the event a CIS student-athlete does not meet the above academic success requirements, to re-establish academic eligibility, the student must successfully complete a minimum of three (3) full courses or six (6) half course (eighteen (18) credit hours of recognized course credit at the institution they are representing) or full-time equivalent at the institution they wish to represent within an academic year in order to be eligible for a subsequent academic year.
· In the event a CCAA student-athlete does not meet the above academic success requirements, to re-establish academic eligibility, the student must complete one (1) academic semester at an accredited post secondary institution with a minimum of nine (9) credits passed in a single semester to be eligible to participate in the subsequent semester.
C. Other Information
The participation by a student-athlete in any squash event that contributes to the determination of a National University and College Champion,
· Will not be charged with a year of eligibility from the CIS.
· Will be charged with a year of eligibility from the CCAA.
Accommodation and Transportation
Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville
280 Bloor St West
Contact - Sonia Waite, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Name - 2013 Black Knight Canadian University and College Championship
Rate - Standard Room $129.99 (single or double)
Transportation from airport to hotel is not provided; however, Toronto Hotel Buses run from Toronto International airport at regular intervals to all downtown hotels.
Hotel is located on the University of Toronto Campus
Directions from Hotel to Athletic Centre
Varsity Blues Saturday Evening Party
Details to follow
#401 - 2197 Riverside Drive
Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 7X3, Canada
Tel. (613) 731-7385
Fax: (613) 731-6291