Squash Canada is excited to announce the hosts for nine National and International major events to take place across the country in 2017.
After a record number of groups submitted expressions of interest, and a bid review process, Squash Canada has named the hosts for eight different national championships and one international junior event scheduled for 2017.
Squash Canada’s 2017 National Championship Hosts:
Squash Canada is excited to announce the hosts for nine National and International major events to take place across the country in 2017.After a record number of groups submitted expressions of interest, and a bid review process, Squash Canada has named the hosts for eight different national championships and one international junior event scheduled for 2017.Squash Canada’s 2017 National Championship Hosts:
Squash Canada’s 2017 International Competition Host:
- Canadian Men’s Team Championship (January 6-8, 2017) – Moncton Squash Club, Moncton, NB.
- Canadian Women’s Team Championship (January 6-8, 2017) – Squash Outaouais as hosted at La Sporthèque, Gatineau, QC.
- Canadian Masters Team Championship (January 13-15, 2017) – Edmonton Squash Club, Edmonton, AB.
- Canadian University and College Championships (March 3-5, 2017 TBC) – Northfield Racquet and Fitness Club, Waterloo, ON.
- Canadian Mixed Doubles Championships (April 28-30, 2017) – Mayfair Club Parkway, Markham, ON.
- Canadian Doubles Championships (March 30-April 1, 2017) – Toronto Cricket, Skating & Curling Club, Toronto, ON.
- Canadian Junior Championships (April 20-23, 2017) – Hollyburn Country Club, West Vancouver, BC.
- Canadian Squash Championships (May 3-6, 2017) – Mayfair Club Lakeshore, Toronto, ON.
“2017 is going to be an exciting time for Canadian squash” said Squash Canada Executive Director, Dan Wolfenden. “With a line-up of seasoned clubs who know just what it takes to make an event great and first time hosts, Edmonton Squash Club, who are eager to share their new club and passion with the country, the 2017 championship season is one not to miss.”More than 1,200 players are expected to experience these competitive athlete development opportunities as well as the club hospitality and camaraderie that always comes with Squash Canada events.As event details are confirmed, including online registration portals, they will be posted on www.squash.ca/events. Be sure to visit regularly; do not miss your opportunity to compete amongst and be Canada’s best!ABOUT SQUASH CANADAFounded in 1915, Squash Canada is a non-profit, national sport governing body responsible for the development of athletes, coaches and officials and sets the standards for Canadian squash. Squash Canada is a proud member of the Pan-American and World Squash Federations and participates in the Pan-American Championships, Commonwealth & Pan-Am Games as well as World Championships at the junior and senior level. Each year Squash Canada hosts nine national championships across the country and works with its provincial and territorial partners to promote the growth and development of squash across the country. For more information, please visit www.squash.ca.
- 2017 Canadian Junior Open, a recognized World Squash Federation World Junior Circuit event (December 9-12, 2017) – The Club at White Oaks, Niagara-on-The-Lake, ON
– 30 –For more information:Britany GordonPrograms Manager, Squash Canada(613) 228-7724 firstname.lastname@example.org