Ottawa, ON (October 5, 2020) — Squash Canada is thrilled to unveil a new and freshly redesigned website. Through a partnership with US Squash and Club Locker, an entirely new interface that is easy to navigate and fully accessible on multiple platforms has been developed.
Throughout the process of developing the new website, Squash Canada’s focus was to meet the needs of the Canadian squash community. Understanding that we all live in a fast-paced environment and that there is a need to access content at the tip of our fingers was vital. According to statista.com, there is close to 28 million active mobile users in Canada of which 33 percent of online traffic is generated through mobile phones and another 10 percent via tablet devices.
- Mobile Friendly – The new design allows users to access a mobile-specific version of the website from their smartphone or tablet.
- Canadian Rankings – This interactive feature highlights the best Canadian players on both the Homepage and Canadian Ranking page with direct links to Club Locker profiles as well as the entire list of players that have a ranking. Check out where you rank!
- Where to Play Map – This interactive map allows users to click on their respective Province/Territory, revealing a list of clubs and facilities in that region that have squash courts.
- Photo Gallery – All photos from Squash Canada events over the years have now been collated in one place. This prevents squashers from having to search on different platforms to re-live some of their favourite memories.
- Video Gallery – Players and fans alike can now watch hours upon hours of past Canadian Championships and more from over the years in the new video gallery section.
- Hall of Fame Bios – These idolized figures in Canadian squash now each have a headshot and accompanying biography on our new Hall of Fame page.
- Live Upcoming Events Calendars – Players can now scroll through a list of upcoming event calendars linked to Club Locker that are being held across Canada. The tool displays events for all level of play, ranging from novice to professional (singles and doubles) to professional development webinars for coaching and officiating.
“With the geography the size of Canada it is important that Squash Canada maximizes all digital platforms to share its brand, information relevant to current and would-be squash participants, and to tell the many great stories about squash”, said Dan Wolfenden, Squash Canada Executive Director. “The new Squash Canada web page serves as a hub of information and news about where to play, events, people and opportunities in a format that is user friendly whether on a computer or mobile devices, and in both official languages. I encourage all squash publics to browse the considerable and easy to navigate content.”
To view the new Squash Canada website – Click Here