Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic related to the new Omicron variant and restrictions across the country, Squash Canada has conducted a review of its planned delivery of 2022 National Championships events.
To keep the Canadian squash community informed, the decision has been made to postpone the following events, with re-scheduled dates to be determined:
- Canadian Mixed Doubles Championships (March 4-6) in Winnipeg, MB
- Canadian University and College Championships (March 4-6), location TBA
- Canadian Doubles Championships (April 1-3) in Burlington, ON
Planning continues for delivery of the following events:
- Canadian Open, PSA Women’s 30K & Men’s 10K – April 11-15 in Calgary, AB
- Canadian Junior Closed Championships – May 5-8 in Victoria, BC
- Canadian Masters Teams Championships – Dates TBA in Regina, SK
- Canadian Squash Championships – June 1-5 in Vancouver, BC
First and foremost, Squash Canada is committed to the safety and welfare of everyone involved, which includes providing an appropriate amount of time for players to be back on court and to train prior to competing in a National Championship. Postponing events is never an easy decision to make, but we believe it is the right one given the current situation.
Squash Canada continues to monitor the situation and will communicate more information when details become available.