Squash Canada has two upcoming coach opportunities and invites applications for these positions. Please note that there is a very tight application timeframe – by September 27, 2023.
The available positions, the terms of engagement and required qualifications are summarized in the attached table. In addition to applicable honoraria, expenses for all positions are covered by Squash Canada on a pre-approved basis and in keeping with existing expense policies.
Squash Canada is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse, and equal opportunity high performance coaching environment. All qualified coaches will receive consideration for engagement without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
Squash Canada will select coaches based on a variety of factors including NCCP certification and other supplementary qualifications, experience coaching internationally, experience coaching high performance athletes, succession planning, gender of athletes, diversity, and safe sport / screening requirements.
Squash Canada may elect to not deliver all listed events and activities, and therefore reserves the right to not fill all positions.
All coaches are subject to the Squash Canada Screening Policy, which includes screening and safe sport requirements that must be completed immediately upon selection and prior to the start of engagement for the event. The requirements include:
- CAC Safe Sport training or Respect in Sport for Activity Leader;
- Consent to the UCCMS (Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport);
- NCCP Making Ethical Decisions module and online evaluation;
- NCCP Making Headway in Sport;
- Reference Letters – two required with at least one from a sport organization/club;
- Application Form;
- Screening Disclosure Form;
- Vulnerable Sector Screen with Enhanced Police Information Check (Criminal Record Check);
- Commit to Kids training [Strongly Recommended].
Interested coaches must forward their coach resume with cover letter (must include all items noted in Application Requirements in the table below) to: Samantha Cornett, Manager of Athlete Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach selections will be made by Wednesday October 4, 2023 and will be determined by the Squash Canada Coaching Committee, Manager of Athlete Developer and Chief Operating Officer.